1 The carbon-14 dating involved precautions against contamination. The age for all these fossils was found to be less than 50,000 years1. This is not predicted by conventional evolutionary theory; and other discoveries have been made concerning dinosaurs which also are not predicted by evolutionary theory such as the discovery of soft tissue in bones that are not or are only partially fossilized.2 Both the carbon-14 dating results and the discovery of soft tissue in incompletely fossilized dinosaur bones share the common good grief phone number theme of being indicators of much younger ages for dinosaurs than evolution claimspared to the conventional theory of dinosaurs’ being at minimum 65 million years old, the time it would take soft tissue to degrade and the < 50,000 year ages reported from carbon-14 dating are less than 1 tenth of 1 percent of the expected age for the dinosaur fossils.
Carbon-fourteen matchmaking try has just did for the dinosaur fossils,step one together with efficiency were shown in the Western Geophysics Fulfilling within the Singapore, , a conference around a couple thousand scientists
step three , cuatro Each one of the a couple of thousand fulfilling participants was given an excellent disk which included the new conceptual of carbon dioxide-fourteen matchmaking declaration. Although not, the new abstract of Miller presentation is removed from the site to the meeting. step 1 , 5 Why is the materials regarding the papers important? In case your acknowledged period of countless years to possess dinosaurs have been available to be in mistake, this could be an issue to development. The latest dinosaur dates claimed less than and you may discussed on the AOGS 2012 paper discussed during the this short article, incorporated triceratops, hadrosaur, allosaurus, and acrocanthasaurs. Less than was a summary of some dinosaur fossils as well as their dated years regarding Miller report. cuatro
- An allosaurus from the Morrison creation, later Jurassic, utilized in 1989 is dated from the University out-of Georgia from the accelerator bulk spectrometry. This try seen to be 31,360 ± millennium old.
- Brand new femur away from a top Creataceous Heck Creek creation triceratops-like dinosaur (maybe a separate form of ceratopsid) included in 2007 try carbon-14 old of the College away from Georgia playing with accelerator size spectrometry and discovered is 39,230 ± 140 years old.
- Another Hell Creek formation dinosaur, found in 2004, an excellent triceratops, was dated by the College out of Georgia of the accelerator bulk spectrometry in ’09 since the twenty-four,340 ± 70 yrs old.
- An enthusiastic apatosaurus is actually found in later Jurassic strata of Morrison formation, and you can excavation was carried out in 2007 and you may 2009. Last year new College off Georgia dated this new fossil so you’re able to 38,250 ± 160 yrs . old.
- A beneficial hadrosaur’s hip-bone is used in 2011 on the Hell Creek formation. New College or university from Georgia old a sample using this bones in order to getting 37,660 ± 160 years of age.
- Inside the 2012 a beneficial triceratops horn is actually found. The fresh new College or university regarding Georgia old the fresh fossil to get 33,570 ± 120 years of age.
- A beneficial femur bones away from an effective hardosaur inside 2004 was included in the fresh new Heck Creek development. Brand new School of Georgia using accelerator bulk spectrometry dated the fresh new take to to help you 25,670 ± 220 yrs . old.
- An acrocanthosaurus (carnivorous dinosaur) specimen is excavated back in 1984 near Glen Flower, Texas and you will try looked at in 2010 because of the College or university of Georgia. It was discovered to be 29,690 ± 90 years of age.
Hugh Miller and others created a newspaper describing the results of carbon-fourteen matchmaking out-of dinosaur fossils which had been shown during the Western Geophysics Conference in Singapore,
Will be the schedules outside of the listing of assessment technical? Zero, the brand new University regarding Georgia got expanded the maximum limitation up-over 50,one hundred thousand decades, and also the ages was basically every better lower than that it. Would be the ages however too-old? At all, whether or not these types of age are a lot young than just old-fashioned years, many creationists believe life on earth as much young than just even the stated carbon-14 age of this type of dinosaur fossils. Which concern would be taken care of within the a later part of this article.